Friday, October 17, 2008

we are underway!

Today I went in for my baseline u/s check and everything looks great. RE was able to see at least 10 follies on the right ovary and 7 or 8 on the left one. My lining is right where it should be at 3 mm. My blood work came back in normal range too.
I was given the article that my RE read regarding endometrial biopsy and it states that it doubles the rate of implantation in patients who have mechanical infertility (which means something mechanical is the problem, in our case, my tubes are blocked). In the study group 11 out of 12 conceived! It's believed that the minor injury cause to the endometrium while a biopsy is taken creates a reaction of some kind that in beneficial for implantation. I guess, the endometrium over compensates for the injury which results in thick, sticky lining which is just right for an embryo to implant.
The articles are very incouraging for us, we've been through so many cycles without bringing home a healthy baby, any small improvement gives us hope for success.
My next apt is next week on wednesday. I start stims on sunday. I take Repronex 2 amps and 150 of Gonal F.
I have a really good feeling about this cycle. We are doing everything can to make it a success, with PGD and the biopsies, I know that this time we will success (God willing of course!)

No comments: