Monday, September 29, 2008

Biopsy rescheduled

Today was supposed to be my first biopsy but since I still had my one large cyst on my right ovary, the Dr decided to post pone the biopsy and go with the aspiration of the cyst instead. It wasn't very pleasant, he shot some pain medicine in my cervix and proceded to jabbing me with a needle right through the cyst and drained it all out. I'm to continue taking my BCP for another 11 days to make sure all remnants of the cyst are gone and then I go in for try number 2 of said biopsy.
One of my best friends, had one done and said it was very painful, however she feels pain and discomfort during a pap, which I don't so I hope that it won't be too bad for me. Also she fell pregnant on her first IUI following her biopsy so that is a good sign. We are doing the biopsy because our RE has read articles that suggest a higher rate of implantation following endometrial biopsies. Apparently when done at the right time, it sets of a chemical reaction that incourages implantation.
We shall see what happens but at this rate, we will be pregnant come Xmas!

No comments: