Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Calendar has been received!

So I received my calendar from my dr's office and it's all beginning to hit me that we are going to go through the whole IVF process again. I'm really excited and thinking positive, this one is gonna be it, I know it! The other day I was driving home from work and the sky was over cast, I could see the rays of sun light coming through the clouds and it felt like God was telling me that He will make this allright for us. He will shine a light through the clouds. I smiled!
The 2 main differences in this cycle are I have 2 endometrium biopsies scheduled, one on the 29th and one on October 4th both at 9.30am. There has been studies suggesting that endometrial biopsies can increase the success rates for IVF. I'm not quite sure how but I'm willing to try anything to make this work out. The other is we're planning to do PGD to make sure we are only transferring normal looking embryos. So far we've been transferring 2 blastocysts on our fresh cycles (except for one) but I'm been considering transferring 3 this time. It's a huge risk for us because I have an incompetent cervix that has caused me to loose 2 babies at 20 weeks and being preggo with more than one baby could result in disaster. On the other hand, this is our last try and I NEED it to work. I'm going to have a cerclage anyway if I can make it to that point of 12 wks preggo.
I've also been concerned about the 2 cysts that I have on my ovary. Before the biopsy on the 29th, my RE will do an ultra sound to check to make sure they have gone away, if not he will have to delay my cycle.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Kaila - good luck for the biopsies and for this entire cycle!

Lisa said...

Good luck Kaila!